About the Downtown Reno Partnership
The Downtown Reno Partnership is a new business improvement district tasked with making downtown Reno a safer, cleaner, friendlier district for residents and visitors. The Downtown Reno Partnership is a 501(c)6 nonprofit entity funded by downtown-area property assessments and contributions. Those funds pay for operations, street maintenance administered by Reno Public Works, extra downtown Reno police officers, Streetplus-administered ambassadors and internal marketing. Our goal is to change the feel of the district, increase resident and visitor traffic and develop new businesses.
The Downtown Reno Partnership is a private-sector led and managed Neighborhood Improvement Project under NRS271 with the following objectives:
- Stabilize Downtown Streets: Provide advocacy, leadership, and services that address downtown’s most pressing challenges and opportunities, such as improving public safety, reducing homelessness, enhancing cleanliness and activating quality public spaces.
- Economic and Community Development: Increase business activity for existing operators and attract new investment to downtown through housing, economic development and diversification initiatives. Enhance property values, sales and occupancy.
- Unified Voice and Champion for Downtown: Align existing groups to speak with a single unified voice on behalf of downtown.
- Accountability: Offer accountability to ratepayers through a property and business owner-managed governance structure (read about our governance board).
The Downtown Reno Partnership covers 120 city blocks in a specific boundary of downtown Reno mapped below. The boundaries are based on previous district determined by the City of Reno. Click on the below map to use an interactive parcel map of the district.
Services provided by the Downtown Reno Partnership
- Standard Services will be provided throughout the entire district and include safety, on-demand spot cleaning and marketing. Teams of safety ambassadors will be deployed district-wide and will focus on crime deterrence and engagement with street populations and visitors.
- Premium services will add maintenance patrols within the core of downtown, concentrated on litter and graffiti removal, public furniture cleaning, power washing and other maintenance.
- Premium-plus services are concentrated along the Virginia Street corridor and include additional daily maintenance.